Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Choose This Day Whom You Will Serve

As for me and MY house, WE will serve the Lord!


Over the past few years, I have been saddened by the family members who were raised in the church, raised to know God, know the Truth of His Word, but who have fallen away from their walk with the Lord.  As I was meditating on my lost family, the Lord began to show me, through my pastor and Godly brothers and sisters, that those family members don't have to remain lost!  The seeds of salvation and the Word of God were planted in each of them years ago, and God says that His Word will not return void, but will accomplish that which He purposed it and prosper in the thing He sent it (Isaiah 55:11, NKJV).  Furthermore, we can take authority over those who have had the seed planted in them, through our witness, those the Lord has sent in their paths, etc., that the seeds would begin to grow and flourish and that they would find a new thirst and hunger for the Lord.

At our evening prayer meetings, we've been discussing the rising occurrence of singling out or profiling Christians as people groups who should be watched.  Oh, that we would be found in possession of overwhelming evidence that we are indeed Christ followers!  As the End Times draw ever closer, it is even more vital that we choose whom we will serve.  "...Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve...but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord (Jeremiah 24:15, Amplified).

No comments:

Post a Comment