Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Spring Cleaning: Yard Edition

Take Control of the Weeds Before They Are Out of Control

Weapons against weeds!
Weeds!  They can get out of control fast!  And Spring is the right time to nip those bad seeds in the bud before they take over our yards and lives.  Now, I know you're probably thinking that weeds are something that must be constantly dealt with; and you're right.  But did you know you can reduce the occurrence of weeds by getting the upper hand on them in the Spring?  It's true!  I'll show you how.
As you probably know from reading my blog, I really enjoy making my own cleaners, soaps, and solutions rather than buying pre-made items.  Weed solution is no exception.  Just Google homemade weed spray or weed control and watch how many Websites pop up!
The common products I use for killing weeds are:
  • Boiling Water
  • Bleach
  • Vinegar
  • Salt
  • Dishwashing liquid
My friends over at tipnut have several recipes that will help in conquering these pesky foliage competitors.  There are such easy methods of ridding one's yard that you may think,"That's it?!  I can do that!"  And you can!  Get the recipes here!  

In my own life, I have allowed weeds to pop up before I even realized they were there or that they might cause a problem for me later on down the road.  I've sown seeds of weeds.  My words have cast seed that has grown into such awful weeds, that I'm embarrassed by it.  Innocent little sayings such as "I've never been able to lose weight," "I can't afford to go to that restaurant," or "my loved one and I will always be at odds with each other."  Some of those things may be true.  But when I've uttered them, I've also planted seeds of failure in relationships, in weight loss, in my finances.  And if you're like me, you're probably wondering how you can dig those weeds up.  Well, just like we can pour chemicals and hot water over the weeds in our yard, we have been given non-toxic, effective tools for eliminating weeds in our lives, too. 

(C) 2012 Captured Memories 365 

 Our words have power. James 3:5 says: A word out of your mouth may seem of no account, but it can accomplish nearly anything--or destroy it! (The Message).  We can dig up those things we've said and tend our hearts (Isaiah 5:1).  Take notice of what you're saying.  Life and death are in the power of the tongue (Proverbs 18:21).  Speak life, abundance, prosperity, blessing and favor into you life today!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment