Thursday, April 25, 2013

One Word...IMAGINE!

Can You Imagine?  Letting The Lord Carry You Beyond What You Could Ever Hope or Think

I can't tell you the number of times someone has said to me, "You have eight children?!  I can't imagine having a big family like that!"  And you know what, those people probably never will experience raising a big family like my husband and I have.  But one of the reasons they won't have that is because they can't see it; they've eliminated that possibility in their lives.  So how can we keep from doing that in our own lives?  First, we must understand that our words have value.  Even in the midst of some of my older children not walking with the Lord, when I could have complained and focused solely on how they were acting, a friend reminded me that I do have great kids.  And you know what?  I do!  
Every time I speak those words, something goes off inside of me, firing me up and confirming just what the Scripture says:  "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved--you and your household (Acts 16:31, NIV).  

Next, we have to realize that current situations are subject to change.  Thinking about the story of the prodigal son, I can imagine how the mother of this son must have felt the day he walked away.  The Word only tells us how the father felt, but as a mom whose children have left for the military, moved out of state to begin a new life with a wife and baby on the way, and a child who lives in town, but not in our home, I know firsthand that feeling of both pride in their independence and a feeling of being left.  I'm sure the prodigal mother must have felt as though her baby were leaving and it was her fault, and maybe some of it was, but when you read the rest of the story, the son that left, came back!  The situation changed, and the lost son returned of his own choosing.  I can imagine when my children come back on fire for God, ready to be life-changers and winners of the lost!  I can see it because God has done it for others and He will do it for me--and for you, too!

Finally, we have to understand that apart from God, we can do nothing. I couldn't have raised my children without God.  Back when my older children were younger, I thought I had to be the general, the boss, and I got sucked into a life as a controller.  The past few years, the Lord has broken me down in that area and has shown 

  • What thing just looks too big to be fixed?  
  • What relationship is too far gone?
  • What loved ones are too lost?
  • What dream or vision is too expensive?  

God can do it for it if you just take that step to believe it, see it, want it and get it with God's help!!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment