Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Time for a NEW 30 Day Challenge!

What Can You Achieve in 30 Days?

Have you ever considered what you might accomplish in just 30 days?  

  • Begin to learn a new language 
  • Practice an instrument every day for 30 minutes each day 
  • Commit to listening to music more throughout the day 
  • Pray and read the Word consistently for 30 days 
  • Make your bed
  • Load/unload the dishwasher
  • Write lesson plans (if you homeschool)
  • Draw using pencils, paint, chalk

Statistics from usnews.com states it takes just 21 days to form a new habit.  Whatever it is, you CAN do it!
(C) phenomena.nationalgeographic.com


Several months ago, our assistant pastor decided to practice playing the trumpet for 30 minutes a day in a self-imposed 30 days challenge.  I began to think, I can commit to doing something for 30 days, too!  I knew National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) was getting ready to start, so I decided I would commit to writing a 50,000 word novel in those 30 days.  I turned on my internet radio in order to have some background noise for writing.  What I didn't realize until about 3 weeks in to writing was that I hadn't just committed to writing during that time, I had committed to only listening to music while I was writing.  Behold!  Another 30 day challenge was born!  Back in November, I started listening to various praise and worship, Christian rock, Christian contemporary music channels as I wrote.  Now, it is not uncommon to see me sitting at my desk with music on as late as 11:00 p.m.

What do you want to commit to for the next 30 days beginning in May?  C.S. Lewis said, "You are never too old to have a new goal or dream a new dream.  What will you set out to accomplish today?  You might use the suggestions above or choose something else, but if you will commit to being consistent in your efforts for the next 30 days, you will see results that become ingrained into your life!  
I'd love to hear what you're challenging yourself to do in May, so be sure to leave a comment!!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment