Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Empower: Gaining Confidence

Building Confidence in Who God Made You to Be


Social media is a wonderful place to follow great leaders, both corporate and within a community of Christian believers.  I follow people like John Maxwell, Chris Widener, Terri Savelle Foy, Pope Francis, and Kirk Cameron.  If you've never looked at tweets and Facebook posts, allow me to give a glimpse of these confident people.
Many of them send single messages of one or two sentences that have inspiring, impacting words that motivate the reader to action.  Empowering posts often include Scripture that shows how God made us to be bold, courageous, and strong in the Lord.  Psalm 31:24 says "Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart, all you who hope in the Lord (NKJV)."  We also read in Ephesians 3:12 In Whom, because of our faith in Him, we dare to have the boldness (courage and confidence) of free access (an unreserved approach to God with freedom and without fear).
When I began meditating on these verses, I didn't feel very confident in life, in my abilities as a mother, in my husband's and my decision to homeschool our children and so many other areas in my life at the time.  Confidence for me was a difficult thing to achieve.  Because of my past (read that post HERE), my level of self-esteem dropped dramatically, and I lacked boldness, confidence, and courage.  But as I committed to reading the Word and allowing the Lord to change me, make me what He had planned for me all along, my confidence began to grow.
This growth did not happen overnight, and you shouldn't get discouraged for you if your change doesn't come quickly.  It took many months before I felt strong enough to speak out and share at my weekly Bible studies, to visit with other moms at my local Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS) group, and to know that I was doing the best for my kids educating them at home.  We were made to be courageous, bold with an unreserved approach to God without fear. 
  • What are you facing today that you need to have courage for?
  • What will you boldly come to the Lord about, without fear or reservation?
  • What area do you need to overcome in your life?
  • What is the Lord giving you strength to conquer today?


No comments:

Post a Comment