Thursday, May 1, 2014

Interview with Author, Comedian, Wife and Mother: Kerri Pomarolli

This week I interviewed Kerri Pomarolli, author of Mom's Night Out and Other Things I Miss. Her book is now available in digital and paperback versions, but here is a look behind the writing of her first devotional book.

What inspired you to write your first book?
I was single and sick and tired of reading books about single Christians who got married at 11! I was 26 27 28 and single feeling like a half person. So one day I was driving down the road and it's like I heard the words from God.."If you're waiting on me..what are you doing in a Christian Chatroom?" So my first book " If Im Waiting on God Then What Am I Doing in the Christian Chatroom..Confessions of a Do It Yourself Single" was born. It took me years to complete and and yes I used my ex boyfriends real names!

Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?
I just became buddies with Tricia Goyer and I love her style. My favorite secular author is Jennifer Weiner because she's so honest and hilarious. I love Francine Rivers but who doesn't? I'm friends with Karen Kingsbury and I always thank her for clearing my sinuses after I read one of her books.

What are your current projects?
I’m working with www.christianmingle.com doing videos for their members and it's been a lot of fun. Im working on two tv projects right now. One is called MOMLAND and it's a comedy Sat Night Live project for moms. You can see clips on youtube...MOMLAND. I have another show we're working on for married couples with my writing partner Angela Hoover from America's Got Talent 2013 season. Im excited to be partnering with Family Life Today this summer to perform at their conferences with my comedian hubby Ron McGehee.

What was the hardest part about writing your book?
I had to write the whole book in 30 days..no kidding.It was insane writing 50 chapters but um..they paid me! LOL Writing a devotional is hard. Im happy to write crazy stories but how do I make it biblical? LOL

Was there anything that was particularly challenging in writing this devotional?  
I tend to write long winded stories so cutting them was painful.

If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?
Yes! I'd keep the chapter I wrote called" To Dance or Not To Dance " about the time I was asked to take Pole Dancing class with the moms club! They edited that one  out!

Who designed the cover?

The publisher (B & H Publishing).

You can find Kerri's devotional at:

Amazon.com
Barnes & Noble
Christian Book Distributors
B&H Publishing

No comments:

Post a Comment