Monday, May 12, 2014

Training for Spiritual Warfare

It's Time to Stop Listening to the Lies of the Enemy

When I was a young mom my husband was in the Army National Guard. He was referred to as a "weekend warrior." Once a month he would go to training with his unit and they would practice the skills each of them had learned during their time in Basic Training and Advanced Individual Training (AIT) in case the unit was ordered to deploy in the event of a military action or war. That time was tough for me as I tried to get to church on those Sundays. I had four children ages 6 months, 3 years, 5 years and 7 years old. Depending on the night I had with the baby, I would be almost too tired to get up let alone make it to church by a specific time! Most of the time I was able to get there with the help of my oldest son making sure the kids at least had cereal for breakfast before we left. 
Once I got ot church, I knew I would have some much needed help with the little ones and really actually looked forward to that! But I had to make the conscious decision that we were going to go to church on those days because I not only needed help, I needed the refreshing that comes with being in the presence of God's people. I needed the fellowship. I needed to have my week energized to sustain me and put me in an attitude of worship for the week and to remind me that I had (and still have!) a role in the body of Christ.

Mom, you may feel that today you only have enough time and energy for your kids. But like the soldiers training for war, we are training and preparing for warfare, too. We are lied to by Satan telling us that it won't matter if we don't go to church. He tells us that we need to take care of ourselves and can put the fellowshipping of God's people on the back burner. He says, "No one will miss you if you don't go." And he gives us a number of reasons and excuses for not going to church. 
Dear sister, let me tell you, if you will put God first, HE will take care of you! He will refresh you, reenergize you, extend yours hours, give you the rest you need, and He will help you to be the best momma for your children. After all, He gave them to you for a reason! You are the perfect mom for your children. Isn't that amazing to think about?!
So this week, don't listen to the lies of the enemy. See what the Word says about redeeming your time, giving you rest when you're weary, and fellowshipping with the body. You will win the spiritual war against the enemy each and every time you apply the Scripture and go to church!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment