Monday, May 5, 2014

Setting priorities...

Knowing It's Okay to Put Things on the Back Burner

This month, as with all end of the year activities, is getting very busy for our family. Every time this happens though, I feel as though I'm going to let a friend down when I can't meet for coffee or a group down because I have chosen to attend my kids' choir concert and even my church family as I put my writing and college deadlines ahead of church events.
I often feel so guilty that I double book my own activities, wear myself out trying to please everyone, and don't accomplish the things I had hoped to for the day or even the week! But God said, "Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you" (Matthew 6:33, NKJV). While I don't want to disappoint others, I know that the Lord is redeeming my time, and yours! We don't have to feel bad when we are seeking the Lord and focusing in on His plan for our lives. We know that He will work all these things for our good, and that means when we put Him first He will align all our other activities, meetings, and commitments to work for good, too!

That said, you may notice there are a few days when there are no posts from Super Mom the Illusion. My blog is very important to me. But not more important than my Heavenly Father or my family. There are things in your life that you may have been placing above the Lord or your family. What are those things? Step back and see if there are things you need to put on the back burner...and know that it's okay to set those priorities!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment