Thursday, May 29, 2014

Finding Time With God

Lately I've noticed that I am increasingly more and more busy than I feel like I ever have been. As the children have gotten older, their activities have also increased. I run one teen to work, another to dance, another to a friend's for a play date, and still two others to run errands with me. My day starts with a jolt as I rush that first kdi to work and doesn't seem to slow down until evening. Often as I end my day and start to fall asleep, I realize I missed my daily devotionals! How did I become so busy?!

Today, I want to share a few tips for finding and making time to spend with the Lord. Even as busy as I am, I can find a few moments to pray, praise and be thankful. Here are some ideas for getting started:

  1. Turn on praise and worship music while you clean
  2. Listen to music while running errands
  3. Every time you are running an errand and you come to a stop light, pray
  4. As you grocery shop, seek out just one person you can share the Lord with
  5. Before you get out of bed in the morning, think of 3 things you are thankful for and can give God praise for doing for you
  6. As you prepare for bed at night, ask the Lord to show you a Scripture to read


These are just a few examples and there are far many things you can do. What do you do to make sure you spend time with God every day?

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment