Monday, May 26, 2014

You Are Not By Chance

Declaring Who You Are 

I remember when my children were younger. Many people asked me what I did for a career, living, etc. I would reply, "Oh. I'm just a mom," or "I'm just a stay-at-home mom." JUST. As if being a mother or wife were some sort of small thing. I didn't know how vlauable my role in my family really was back then. And I was just a mom because that's all I allowed myself to become at that point in my life.

The Bible says that life and death are in the power of the tongue and those who love it will eat the fruit thereof. It also says that the tongue can't be tamed any more than a bridle in the mouth of a horse or a rudder steering a ship. But Proverbs 15:4 reminds us that a gentle tongue with its healing power is a tree of life. Ladies, you are more than just a wife. More than just a mom. More than just a home schooler. And more than just anything!
You, dear sister, are the righteousness of God in Christ! You are no longer a slave but an heir and if an heir then the child of God. You are set apart. You are a chosen people. You are far above rubies! Declare what the Word and what God says about you! Search the Word. What did you find?

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment