Monday, February 10, 2014

Are You Influencing Others?

Attracting People Into your Sphere of Influence

I've been thinking about the people I come in contact with on a daily basis. Some people I meet at Civil Air Patrol or church and others are just completely random people that I find I'm able to talk to about the Lord. I love when God orchestrates those types of meetings! Lately I've been wondering about who I influence and attract into my life.

If you want to find out who is influencing you, take a look at the people you follow on Twitter, whose blogs you follow and where you spend most of your time. Those are the things, people, games, and influencers in your life. I follow some pretty big name leaders, bloggers and speakers on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook. I know that social media has a big influence on me, but I also know that I have a big influence on the people who read the pages I manage and the blog posts I write.
In my everyday face-to-face life, I have some of the same opportunities to share the truth of the Word and the love of Jesus with others. I'm like a magnet because Jesus is living in me. You are, too! Have you ever heard someone say to you, "I don't know what it is, but I'm just drawn to you"? Well, it's because of the light that shines out of you.
So how do you know if YOU'RE influencing others? Here are some ways:

  • Do strangers feel compelled to share a part of their lives with you?
  • Has anyone told you you're easy to talk to?
  • Have people begun to hang around you at work or school for no real reason (not work related reasons)?
  • Do people ask you to tell them more about your church or what you believe?
  • Were you approached by someone you've never met before and told there is something different about you?
That's the attraction and influence I'm talking about! The Lord stirred something in others that draws them to you. That thing is the Holy Spirit and it's restless to connect with those that are in the light.
So, whether you realize it or not, you are attracting and influencing others! And that is just what God called us all to do!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment