Thursday, February 6, 2014

If Not Now, When?

When I was younger, I knew I wanted to be a writer/journalist. As a young wife and mother I thought I had to set my own goals and dreams on the back burner because it was my job to take care of my husband's and children's needs. I cleaned, cooked, fed, nursed, birthed, and loved. But I longed to write something, anything!

Ladies, if there is something you long to do, perhaps there is a way to do something toward that now! You may feel your calling is to be a wife and mother. And for this season, it is! But God created you for more than that. He put something in your very being, wove it into your DNA, to accomplish for His Kingdom. Maybe it's ministry, writing, missions or teaching. You know there are things you can do right now that will propel you toward that? You might be thinking, "How can I possibly go on a missions trip with toddlers and preschool children who need me?" I'm not saying you have to do that (unless, of course, the Lord is telling you that!). But I am saying there are short term missions you could do. Maybe you take a group around your church family homes or homes in the community that are in need of repair. That's a type of mission. Local missions are a large part of ministry, too.

And there are many ways you can integrate your calling into your life now. The important part is to start doing something toward that vision, calling, goal or dream NOW! If not now, when?

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment