Monday, July 8, 2013

Do, Read, Learn, Be...Goals for Life!

I follow a wonderful blog called Biblical Homemaking.  In 2012, as part of her blog, Mandy challenged women to makes monthly goals to do something, read a book (or books!), learn how to do something and be something different for your family and friends that allows you to be Jesus to them.
Mandy's goals looked like this:

Do:
  • remodel kitchen- paint/refinish cabinets and walls - we went a different direction and worked on the family closet instead- we built new cabinets, which we completed! yay!
  • plant early garden veggies-  done for the most part- waiting on the garden to be tilled
  • work on adding more freezer meals as I can - did nothing here. Making extra meals just wasn't in the cards this month. That's okay!
  • finish crocheting scarf- I'm almost done with this, but I really messed it up and I don't even want to finish it. What to do now? :P Who really needs a winter scarf in Texas anyway, right? 
  • work on two big spring cleaning projects - I crossed off most of my living room spring cleaning projects, and I've been sorting through the children's clothing as well. Winter clothes are officially out. :P
Read:
  • finish up February’s books - done
  • read Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit by Francis Chan- I listened to this one and loved it. Very true, and it gave me so much to think about. 
Learn:
  • Memorize  1 Peter 2:1-12 - almost there! video soon! :DD
Be:  
  • sweet- surprise the kids with an unexpected trip to the park - we had fun with this. Not only did we go to the park, we went to see the Lorax, and did special activities at home, and even made them special food as a surprise. I love seeing their precious faces when we do something for them they don't expect. :D success!             
                                                      
After reading Mandy's list ( and feeling QUITE inadequate!), I feel compelled to create my own monthly "Do, Read, Learn, Be" list!  It is a work in progress, but I am praying about what the Lord would have me do in the next 30 days.   I hope to post my "DRLB" list by Friday and I will begin working on completing my goals then!
My challenge to you is to do the same!  Some of us may work full-time at home as moms, some of us work outside the home, and some of us work and work and work!  So the challenge isn't to outdo our friends or other women; this challenge is simply for YOU!  To better yourself and increase what you're doing for the Kingdom.  There is no right way to do the challenge; there is no wrong way to do it.  The challenge is only to make goals, work at them and complete them!
Prayers and blessings as you embark on a new journey for the next 30 days!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Great post. My constant challenge is to BE a human 'be'ing, not a human 'do'ing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Valerie, it IS a challenge to BE rather than DO...Thanks for following my blog!!

    ReplyDelete