Monday, July 22, 2013

Guest Blog: Author Kelly Martin Talks About Her Newest Book

"The Deception of Devin Miller" by Kelly Martin

Courtesy of Kelly Martin
I want to thank Lyn for having me on her blog today to talk about my new book, THE DECEPTION OF DEVIN MILLER. I didn’t know what to write, but I love lists. SO, I decided to write you guys my top five favorite TV shows and how they relate to my book.  

MY TOP 5 FAVORITE TV SHOWS AND HOW THEY RELATE TO MY NEW BOOK

1)      SHERLOCK (BBC): It’s no secret that I’m ‘slightly’ obsessed with this series. I love a good mystery. Actually, the sequel to my novel, SAINT SLOAN, has more to do with Sherlock (Hint…)

2)     TWISTED (ABC FAMILY): Like I said, I love a good mystery. Devin’s mystery is who really drove the car the night of the crash. Twisted’s mystery is who killed Regina. I think I know… do you watch it? I’d love to fangirl with you over it…

3)     DUCK DYNASTY (A&E): Ducks, God, and Uncle Si. Need I say more? (not that Devin has Ducks or Uncle Si in it ;) ) Trey sort of reminds me of Jase though J In a good way…

4)     ONCE UPON A TIME (ABC): I’m all about fairy tales! Love them. That’s why I love Once Upon a Time. For twenty-eight years, the folks in Storybrooke had amnesia… Devin has amnesia… hmmmm….

5)     WHODUNNIT? (ABC): Have I mentioned I love mysteries?

Those are my favorite shows and how they relate to Devin Miller. Do you watch any of them? Like I said, I’m a huge fangirl so if you ever want to chat about them, come over to my fb page or twitter. I’d love to get all giddy (especially when the new season of SHERLOCK comes out…EEK!!)

So… what exactly is Devin Miller about? 
One month ago, seventeen year old Devin Miller wrecked while intoxicated— or so she’s told by the sightly ticked off blue-eyed boy when she wakes up from a coma. The only thing Devin remembers is the darkness holding her down and the voices-- some happy, some upset, and one very agitated. She can't remember her name, her age, where she lives, or who in the world the blue-eyed boy is. But he knows her and against her better judgment, she offers to pay him for his memories so she can trick the ones closest to her into thinking she's fine. 

That is her first mistake.

When Devin gets home, the deception is harder than she thought. People she doesn't know keep talking to her. Trey (the blue-eyed boy) doesn't show up like he said he would. And the police want to talk to her about her involvement with the car accident. Plus she keeps seeing flashes of the wreck, but none of them make sense. What would a red plastic cup have to do with anything? And why can't she seem to trust the people she is supposed to trust the most?

Facing DUI charges for a wreck she can't recall, Devin fights to remember exactly what happened the night of the crash: something the real driver desperately wants her to forget permanently.

Who is really doing the deceiving?

Want to read more? 




AUTHOR BIO: Kelly Martin is a southern girl who writes...a lot. She is the author of SAINT SLOAN and Grace Award winning, CROSSING THE DEEP. By day, she is a special education preschool teacher. By night, she has her hair in a bun and her fingers on a keyboard. She loves God, is addicted to chocolate, and would rather write than sleep. Kelly loves a good mystery and believes in Sherlock Holmes.  
You can find her at http://kellymartinbooks.blogspot.com/
She's also on twitter: https://twitter.com/martieKay
And on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kelly-Martin-Author/136506059763138

No comments:

Post a Comment