Thursday, July 25, 2013

Trusting God With Child-Like Faith

Leaning Completely on God

Recently, a friend was telling me about her husband praying for her for healing of some dizziness.  While he was praying, their 5 year-old son asked to join them, and they allowed him to join in the prayer.  The next day, my friend said she mentioned she was dizzy, and her son said, "Mommy, remember what daddy said?  Trust God!"  
When she told me this story, I began thinking of how this little boy's faith and trust was so pure, genuine, unwavering, and without doubt.  That's the kind of faith God wants us to have.  But all too often, experiences in my life have scarred me, and instead of allowing God to be first in my life, I've pushed him back to a place where I can call on Him when I have need.  That's not what the Word says, though.  It says, "In everything, through prayer and petition, let your requests be known to God" (Philippians 4:6).  That's everything--good and bad--fully trusting that the plans God has for me (and YOU!) are for good.
What have you asked the Lord for recently?  I know there are things that I feel I have been praying for, but I've grown impatient for the answers.  Rather than to trust my Heavenly Father that what His Word says is true, I have doubts.  The way to overcome that is to get the Scriptures into our hearts and recall them as doubts creep up, we begin to worry about situations in our lives, and our trust in God's plans get shaky.  We also need to remember that although those in this world have let us down and disappointed us, this is not our home.  Heaven is our final destination when our work on Earth is done, and we live for telling others about Jesus and His love for us.
The more I make a choice to put my trust in God and the more I read and memorize the Word, the more often I will be able to completely trust His plan for my life.


Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment