Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Changed by God

Becoming a New Creation Inside and Out

Our homemade ship!
This week at our church Vacation Bible School, we've been reading various excerts of "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" by C.S. Lewis.  Today, we discussed how Eustace was changed into a hideous dragon because of greed, selfishness, and his desire of material things.  As I listened to the storyteller weave the tale, I realized that all those negative, disgusting things were once inside me, too.  
our location moved to another room where we heard the story of Saul's conversion (Acts 9:1-18).  Saul was a man who saw no need for a savior...until he came to the end of himself, more or less.  In fact, not only did he not see a need for the Lord, he mocked, ridiculed and threatened men and women of the Lord with death!  He appeared to be the farthest from accepting Jesus as his Savior.  But an amazing transformation happened to Saul.  The Lord spoke to him, caused him to lose his sight for 3 days, and had a plan to heal him when Saul was ready and would know it was God who was responsible for the change.
Are you ready to be changed by God?  Completely changed into who He meant for you to be when He formed you in your mother's womb?
I gave an invitation to ask Jesus into the hearts of the children.  I explained that it's okay if you've said it before and you're saying it again.  Maybe this time it means something different.  Maybe this time, you really, honestly asked Jesus to come into your heart and change you from the inside out.  And maybe this time, you knew it was really happening!
You know, we're never too old, too tired, too stubborn, too rich, too poor, too well-off to recommit ourselves to the Lord.  And maybe this time, saying the sinner's prayer will bring a new revelation of the Lord to you.  I pray that for you today!
So, right now, join me in this prayer:

Jesus, I am a sinner and I can't change on my own.
I know I need you to make a real change in me that I can see and that those around me will take notice of.
I thank you for creating me for a purpose!  
I am ready and willing to do the assignment you have planned for me.
I ask you, Jesus, to come into my heart and make the changes in me that no one else can.  
In Your Name, amen!

If you prayed that prayer for the first time, I'd love to welcome you into the Family of God! 
If you prayed that prayer and really felt the Lord speaking to you, I'd love to hear from you!

Have a blessed week!!



No comments:

Post a Comment